Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How it all began...

Do we indulge in donuts because we’re camping?... or do we camp because we want to indulge in donuts?  Such moral dilemmas have led me to the complex world of web-loggers, where many have tread before me in the pursuit of purity and truth.  However, a new mystery evolves… will we travel in order to blog, or will we blog in order to travel?  Ah, the yin and yang of it all.


Joking aside, I am trying my hand at blogging in order to save you all from the many, long emails I usually send out when we are “on the road.”  By simply sending a link, you can connect if and when you choose, and save your inbox the gargantuan task of downloading my endless dribble and megabyte photos.  Actually, I was inspired to try my hand at this new form of communication by a couple we met on our last beach excursion, Barry and Sarah Pepper of Australia, after Sarah sent me a link to her blog... “ There and Back.” 


The Peppers (isn’t that just the cutest name?!) sailed over to LA from OZ on the QE2 (I think you have to abbreviate a lot if you're going to be a true blogger!), then picked up a rental RV and embarked on a two-month journey covering most of the western USA.  When we met at Cape Lookout State Park in late April, they were finishing the last leg of their trip, the Pacific coastline.  It was Sarah’s goal to stop and explore each of the nine lighthouses in Oregon, and they did!  Sarah does a wonderful job describing their travels, and adds exquisite photos, creating a delightful and informative blog.  I’ve learned so much from their experiences, and it’s fun to have a foreigner’s impression of things we take for granted. 



So begins my first blog, recording –to the best of my limited ability– the adventures of Norm, Diane, and Gracie in our little Eagle Cap RV.

1 comment: